Verifying your Facebook & Instagram account is important when pulling your content metrics on the Activate platform. In order to properly pull the data from the Instagram API, Activate requires influencers to be connected to their Facebook & Instagram social channels.
An Instagram Business account is required in order to connect Instagram to Activate. Your Instagram Business account MUST be connected to a Facebook Business Page.
Here is a step by step guide on how to connect your Facebook Business Page to your Instagram Business account so the two can both be connected to Activate. We've also included a guide on How to create an Instagram Business Account & a Facebook Business Page.
- Step 1: Go to the "settings" of your profile page and visit the Social Networks tab on the left-hand side.
- Step 2: Click on the Continue with Facebook Icon.
- Step 3: You will be directed to your Facebook account. Here you can select to continue as yourself or login to another Facebook account.
- Step 4: Select what Instagram Business Account you would like to use with Activate. If you do not have an Instagram Business Account you can create one here. How to create an Instagram Business Account.
- Step 5: Once you have an Instagram Business Account this will then have to be connected to a Facebook Page. If you do not have a Facebook Business Page you can create one here. How to create a Facebook Page. You can also create a Facebook page by clicking on the Create Page button.
- Step 6: Once your Instagram Business Account and Facebook Business Page are both connected, you can then come into Activate to connect your socials to our platform.
- Step 7: Be sure to select your Instagram Business Account, then click Next.
- Step 8: You will then be prompted to select what Facebook Page you want to link to Activate.
- Step 9: Click Next and select on ACTIVATE what pages you would like to continue with.
Please connect your accounts and make sure you accept all permissions. All your social platform's engagement and audience demographics data will remain private to you unless you give explicit consent to share them with a brand/agency, or when you apply for a collaboration.